Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Long Run to Philly - 12 Miles

I'm halfway through training. So far so good. The past three months meant my schedule was at the mercy of business travel and with the exception of a couple of weeks, I was able to get out for the long runs. During next three months I will need to adjust around a different schedule-football. I shifted my long to run Saturday because I knew that there was no way I was getting up the next day to hit the running trail at 6 a.m. I could do it in my younger years, but not now. It was a good way to start the three-day weekend. I ran to the Capitol and back. The smell of fired-up BBQ cookers filled the air. People were tailgating already for a game that started at 7:00 p.m. It was a wonderful feeling to wake up on Sunday and know that I had already put int the work.

Thirteen weeks down. Twelve to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment