Monday, July 21, 2014

Long Run to Philly - 7 Miles

I woke up yesterday and thought it was Monday. I let out a sigh. I had to go to work. It took me a couple of moments before I realized it was Sunday. Another sigh. I had to go for a long run. It's not that the long runs are so horribly long at this point. I'm just in the grinding stage of the training. I'm several months removed from the excitement of starting off and a lot of months away from the starting line. Right now, it's about logging the miles and trying to avoid that temperature/humidity cocktail. I crammed in two long runs into the same week last week combined with travel. My legs definitely felt it. It's been a milder summer than most. Last week we even got some rain. I was able to run after work because of the cloud cover and temperatures were 10 degrees less than normal. It's just about getting out there right now.

Seven weeks down. Eighteen to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment