Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Long Run to Philly - 16 Miles

So the taper begins. It wasn't a perfect training process. Work and travel consistently intruded on the training so that I was only able to build to 16 miles for my longest run. I'm tempted to squeeze one more long run in before the Philadelphia Marathon in three weeks. A little voice inside me says, it is what it is. I'll run what I can and walk the rest; whatever it takes to finish. I've been relatively consistent in the training and kept this commitment to myself even through the Central Texas heat. I figure cooler temps will tell my body I've got a few more miles left in me. I pushed myself out the door when I didn't feel like it. I've run in some great places-Alexandria, DC, Corpus Christi, Rockport, Milwaukee, and New Orleans. I've run some great races-Freedom 5000, Run for the Water and completed the Runner's World #runstreak in the summer. Trust the process, if not the long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment